Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Four Weeks in Paradise


Di and I have just spent a month at a resort on Queensland’s Gold Coast doing a ministry course with Anazao. The course was great, truly life-changing, and I’ll write about it here and elsewhere. But right now I want to ramble about something much more interesting to most people – the weather!

You’ve all seen the ads – Beautiful one day, perfect the next! Well, I’ve thought of a new version – Beautiful one day, Melbourne the next!

Truly, If I had closed my eyes so that I could not see the bats in the palm trees, then I would have thought that I had never left home.

Mind you, The resort where our hosts live is a lovely spot, as you can see from the photo of the view from our balcony. And after all, Elanora is only just in Queensland. But really – apart from a few sunny days typical of a Victorian spring, discounting double the humidity, we had torrential rain, violent thunderstorms, gale-force winds, and hail the size of (very undersized) golf balls!

But did we have a good time? You betcha! Sometimes it helps to come from Melbourne. After all, we’re used to seeing pelicans fly backwards.

Of course, four weeks away in paradise does mean that my blogs have fallen into severe neglect – but I’m BACK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home